Santa Fe Events
Unique Santa Fe Travel Events await 2016 June travelers. If you’re a New Mexico Native or someone who’s thinking about a visit to Santa Fe, New Mexico maybe you need some extra motivation! Here are a few June events for you to put on your calendar!
June 2016: Santa Fe School of Cooking. Want to experiment with the bold flavors of the Southwest? Try a Santa Fe Cooking class! Test your skills with the unique cultural mix of Santa Fe flavors! Classes offered several times a week and include menus of traditional New Mexican, Native American, Mexican, Spanish, vegetarian and contemporary Southwestern cuisine. Taught by some of the best chefs in Santa Fe and are entertaining educational and delicious!. More information contact Cooking School directly at: 505-983-4511 or website:
June 2016: Tesuque GlassWorks– Daily glassblowing demonstrations Monday – Sunday 9 am- 5 pm through June! Beautifully hand blown and crafted pieces of useable art are shown in on-site gallery. Located in the village of Tesuque, just 7 miles north of Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast inn at 15 10 Bishop’s Lodge Rd on the property of Shidoni Foundry.
June 2016: Shidoni Foundry and Gallery– A great resource for art collectors and sculptors- located seven miles north of Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast inn- Santa Fe, New Mexico. Sleepy village of Tesuque (te-soo-ke) hosts Shidoni (a friendly greeting in Navajo) – is an art gallery. 8 acres of sculpture gardens with a bronze art foundry located along the Rio Tesuque on a former apple orchard. Visitors view indoor art galleries representing 140+ artist from all over the US. Stroll the outdoor gallery sculpture gardens. A special treat is to watch 2000 degree molten bronze poured into ceramic shell molds on Saturday Pour Days- open to the public.
Santa Fe Festivals
June 4, 5, 2016: Spring Festival & Fiber Arts Fair at El Rancho de los Golondrinas Costumed villagers shearing sheep, fiber arts marketplace, baking bread and more, plus animals, games and hands-on activities for kids! 10AM – 4PM
June 10-26, 2016: The annual, citywide CURRENTS Festival offers New Media Installations, Outdoor Installations, Architectural Mapping, Single Channel Video and Animation, Multimedia Performance, Fulldome, Experimental and Interactive Documentary, Web-Art/Art-Gaming/Mobile Device Apps, Oculus Rift, Robotics, 3D Printing, Artists Presentations, Panels and Workshops – CURRENTS exhibitions and most events are Free to the public.
June 9-11, 2016: Currents International Festival of New Media Arts-10th Anniversary. Packed with exciting one-of-a-kind experiences like:
- FACEOFF – three artists design and execute an original piece in just one hour, live on stage!
- The Exquisite Corpse Project, led by TV Land Creative Director, Michael Waldron which proves that individual and collective creativity has no bounds.
- Opening Weekend Events: June 10 – 12, 2016 @ El Museo Cultural and the Railyard Plaza. Starting June 10, 6pm to Midnight, and continuing through the weekend : Exhibitions, Multimedia Performances, Workshops, Artists’ Talks and more.
June 18, 2016- Rodeo de Santa Fe Parade through downtown! Starts at 11:00am. Bring the family or just stop by yourself for a good ol’ fashioned Rodeo Parade to kick off Rodeo Week! There will be wonderful floats, lots of give-aways, and prizes for the best entries.
June 18, 19, 2016: Herb & Lavender Fair at El Rancho de los Golondrinas Herb garden tours, lavender and herb product vendors, lectures on cultivating lavender and hands-on activities.
June 22-25, 2016- 67th Rodeo de Santa Fe brings the original One Arm Bandit & Co! 12 Time Professional Rodeo Cowboy Association (PRCA) “Specialty Act of the Year” with the best rodeo entertainment you will ever see. Sure to please everyone of all ages. You won’t want to miss a second of the rodeo action. Our barrel man Nate Reed will bring funny acts you won’t want to miss. Our Bull fighters Luke Kraut and Kyle O’hare will bring even more excitement during each performance. Get ready for the heart-pounding, dirt-slinging, action-packed performances of top PRCA rodeo athletes and top PRCA rodeo entertainment. Big time rodeo, with a small town feeling. Great evening activity for your Santa Fe, NM visit!
June 30- August 2016: Juan Siddi Flamenco Santa Fe– Offers audiences a visually rich, emotionally immersive, and culturally authentic theatrical experience. Based in one of the nation’s great arts meccas of Santa Fe, NM, the veteran touring company enjoys regular home seasons at the historic Lensic Theater. Fourteen dancers and musicians—many hailing from Spain—flourish under lead dancer and artistic director Juan Siddi’s rigorous yet sensitive choreography that bears the flavor of his artistic roots in Barcelona and Granada. A well-curated program overlays genuine gypsy culture with contemporary flair, allowing for virtuosic flights in both music and dance.
Santa Fe Orchestra Concert Schedule
A Special event idea for Santa Fe visitors traveling in April, May, or June 2016 would be the Santa Fe Community Orchestra Concerts! These extremely talented performances are Free for the Santa FE Community! The 2016 season will be winding down with three extraordinary concerts consisting off classical favorites, rarely heard repertoire, accessible contemporary works, & world premieres of compositions by New Mexico composers. Take your pick- all are Must Do’s!
Mid-Season Concert – featuring David Chavez as guest conductor.
- Sunday, April 17, 2016 at 2:30 pm at St. Francis Auditorium in the New Mexico Museum of Art
- Allegretti: Benthic Metropolis – World Premiere
- Britten: Lachrymae for viola and strings, Ari Le, viola (SFCO Concerto Competition Winner)
- Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 5
- Admission is free, donations appreciated.
- Walking distance from Pueblo Bonito b&b inn. Book Direct and save 10% (rates starting as low as $109.80+).
New Music at the Museum – New Works by New Mexico Composers Reading #3
- Friday, May 6, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. at St. Francis Auditorium in the New Mexico Museum of Art
- New and recent compositions by New Mexico composers presented in an open-rehearsal format.
- Walking distance from Pueblo Bonito b&b inn. Book Direct and save 10% (rates starting as low as $135.00+).
Season Finale- Program to be determined.
- Sunday, June 5, 2016 2:30 pm at St. Francis Auditorium in the New Mexico Museum of Art
- Walking distance from Pueblo Bonito b&b inn. Book Direct and save 10% (rates starting as low as $120.00+).
Too good to believe? Santa Fe Orchestra Concert Contact Information:
- Website: http://www.sfco.org/
- Address: 1000 Cordova Place, Suite 211, Santa Fe, NM 87505 MAP
- Phone: (505) 466-4879
**Programs and artists are subject to change**