Santa Fe Attractions, Events & Information
Visitors travel to Santa Fe on vacation for a number of reasons. There’s the shopping, the dining, the arts and intriguing history. But New Mexico travelers will agree, the unique Southwestern flavor that permeates Santa Fe makes it a one of a kind experience. The vast and varied menu of Santa Fe attractions offer the New Mexico traveler hours of stimulation to all the five senses!
When you click on a site name below, the link will open in a new window or tab.
Santa Fe Travel Information Vacation Resources
- Santa Fe Visitor’s Bureau website – Information on Santa Fe vacation activities.
- Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce – Santa Fe vacation information for tourists offering a free visitors guide for your complete Santa Fe vacation.
- Santa Fe Opera website – Performance schedule and information on Santa Fe Opera – perfect for a July or August Santa Fe, New Mexico vacation.
- City of Santa Fe website – Information on City of Santa Fe , NM.
- Santa Fe New Mexican – #1 local newspaper providing up to date sources for Santa Fe weather, events and current activities.
- Ski Santa Fe – Provides information on Santa Fe Ski Basin- a hidden local treasure!
- Santa Fe Photography & Digital Imaging Workshops – Information on Santa Fe’s most popular photography workshops.
- Santa Fe Times – An online Santa Fe newspaper.
- Site Santa Fe – Well known contemporary arts organization highlighting events and exhibits at it’s Santa Fe downtown location.
- Santa Fe School of Cooking – A favorite “extra” for Santa Fe vacation visitors. Featuring classes on Southwestern cooking year round.
- Old Santa Fe Trail – Information on the historical Old Santa Fe Trail.
- Santa Fe Southern Railway – Information on short excursion trips between Santa Fe and historic Lamy station; afternoon, evening, group & Santa Fe Holiday vacation trips.
- Santa Fe Film Festival – Schedule and Information on Santa Fe film festival.
- Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival – A summertime Santa Fe vacation “must do” – featuring world-class music.
- New Mexico Department of Tourism – Information for visitors about the entire state
- Bike Trail, Bikeway and Bike Parking information from the city of Santa Fe government – Santa Fe is becoming recognized as a premier biking destination; the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA) had their World Summit here in October 2012, and took advantage of all the great off-and-on road cycling opportunities available in Santa Fe.
- List of Events and Attractions in Santa Fe from SantaFeSelection.net
Santa Fe Attractions
Walkable from our downtown Santa Fe Bed and Breakfast
- Georgia O’Keeffe Museum
- Museum of Indian Art & Culture
- Santa Fe Fine Arts Museum
- Museum of International Folk Art
- Santa Fe Plaza – Center of downtown Santa Fe Historic District
- Palace of the Governors 400 years of Santa Fe NM history.
- Canyon Road (Galleries, Dining and Shopping)- Christmas Eve Walk
- Site Santa Fe – Contemporary Art Gallery Santa Fe
- New Mexico State Capitol Building- G0vernors Gallery
- San Miguel Mission– Oldest Church in US
- Loretto Chapel– home to the Miracle Staircase
- St Francis Bastillica- St Francis Cathedral
- Lensic Performing Arts – hosting cultural performances year round.
- Santa Fe Convention Center– downtown host to conventions, weddings, performances, group meetings, Santa Fe Markets, etc.
- Santa Fe Farmers Market Pavillion– delightful market featuring local fresh goods, bakery items, crafts, meats, and more!
Preferred Day Tour Provider
Santa Fe Walkabouts– Santa Fe Walkabouts offers personalized guided hikes, scenic tours, mountain biking trips and 4WD adventures for individuals, families and small groups. Winter specials include cross country skiing and snowshoeing in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
Self Guided Day Trips: Morning departures from our Santa Fe bed and breakfast- returning in time for a famous Pueblo Punch and tea time in late afternoon!
- Bandelier National Monument – National Park north of Santa Fe- featuring ancient Indian cliff dwellings.
- Bradbury Science Museum – located in Los Alamos, NM – featuring interactive scientific displays and historical information on the Atomic Bomb and Los Alamos National Labs
- Taos Ski Valley – experience natural ,beauty all year round on your Santa Fe vacation.
- Valles Caldera (National Park)-include in your Santa Fe vacation with hiking and natural beauty in the wonders of the New Mexico outdoors.
- Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument – Amazing and beautiful natural formations about 45 minutes South on I25
- Pecos National Historic Park – surrounded by piñon and juniper trees in the beautiful Sangre de Cristo Mountains (20 min drive from Pueblo Bonito inn) are the remains of an Indian pueblo that once prevailed in this location years ago.
- Turquoise Trail– scenic byway linking Albuquerque and Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Puye Cliff Dwellings – National Historic Landmark and home to the ancestors of today’s Santa Clara Pueblo people.
Seasonal Santa Fe Attractions
- Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
- Taos Fall Festival
- Pueblo Indian Feast Days (Native American Ceremonial Dances)
- Santa Fe Symphony
- Santa Fe Thanksgiving holiday
- Ski Santa Fe thru Easter weekend
- Festival of the Cranes
- Arts and Crafts Festivals
- Christmas in Santa Fe
- Santa Fe Film Festival
- Santa Fe Winter Spanish Market
- New Year’s Eve Santa Fe
- Santa Fe Art Auction
- Aspen Santa Fe Ballet
- Christmas open house in Madrid NM