Suggested Bistros / Cafes by Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast (#2 of series):
A few Santa Fe “Cafes and Bistros” to choose from- Close to Pueblo Bonito Inn- Santa Fe, NM
Museum Hill Café: “Bursting with Flavor” is how Museum Hill Café describes itself. Serving visitors to Santa Fe as well as locals great tasting foods prepared fresh with quality ingredients. A glorious view of the Sangre de Cristos provides a great atmosphere along with friendly service and affordable prices- the perfect compliment to world renown museum hopping! The Folk Art Museum, Indian Cultural Museum, Wheelwright Museum and Spanish Colonial Museum are all nestled conveniently together on this hill – less than 1 mile from Pueblo Bonito Inn- Santa Fe. Summer months host the Santa Fe Music Collective Cafe Series.
Galisteo Bistro: Owned & operated by chefs Robert & Marge Chickering, Galisteo Bistro features eclectic, innovative international cuisine known for its open kitchen, quality menu offerings, and attentive service in a casual, comfortable downtown setting.
Café Pasquals: For thirty-one years Cafe Pasqual’s has been serving emphatically flavored cuisine inspired by the culinary traditions of New Mexico, Old Mexico, the Mediterranean and Asia. Dedicated to using fresh, seasonal, organic and naturally raised foods.
Blue Corn Café & Brewery- Downtown Location: A local and visitor favorite for over 20 years, featuring casual New Mexican cuisine, Pubfare and Award Winning, Hand-Crafted Beer.
Roof Top Pizzeria: From the first bite of the thin crust gourmet pizza you will be one step closer in your quest for pizza perfection! The contemporary dining bistro reminiscent of San Francisco or New York has a patio providing wonderful views to watch street life on Water Street, a gentle rain on the Sangre de Christos Mountains, or spectacular Santa Fe sunset. Just north of Pueblo Bonito Inn- Santa Fe a few blocks.
Sage Bakery & Café: Tantalizing breads, pastries and other assorted fresh baked delectable’s provide a treat on every visit to this close by bakery/café! Just around the corner of Paseo de Peralta from Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast inn the Santa Fe Baking Company hosts KSFR’s daily talk show! Featuring local people and others you’d might like to know! Community-spirited, smart talk: From Presidential candidates, nationally known experts to local Santa Fe artists, authors, healers, and minor miscreants. Sage Bakery & Café touts “It’s where all Santa Fe talks”
Vinaigrettes: Chic and green, this Santa Fe bistro raises the “salad bar” with bold and delicious entrée salads. Innovative flavor combinations and options can be added to provide savory protein accompaniments (I.e. diver scallops, lemon-herb chicken, grilled hanger steak). Hearty yet healthy lunch or dinner creations allow Pueblo Bonito Inn’s guests guiltless and delicious eating at the same time.
Café Café: Traditional Italian Cuisine fare with hints of Southwestern influences. A warm and comfortable environment where friends and family can meet to enjoy the comforts of life for lunch or dinner. Conveniently located to Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast inn, enjoy live music on Friday and Saturday nights as well as an outdoor dining patio during warmer months.
Santa Fe, NM- it’s difficult to choose just one “THE BEST RESTAURANT” in this city different, as there are literally 300+ excellent Santa Fe restaurants serving up some king of tantalizing flavor! As burgers are always a popular “culinary” item which most folks relate to, this post offers our top five Top Burger Picks in Santa Fe, NM- all walking distance from Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast inn.
1. Santa Fe Bite- the old Bobcat Bite has moved into downtown Santa Fe- lucky for us…. we can now walk there! Renamed “Santa Fe Bite” and located close by on the historic Old Santa Fe Trail, this extremely popular burger stop has only become more popular! Offering it’s famous green chili cheese burger as well as other options, they now have a bar and dining area indoor and out.
2. Restaurant Martin- located on Galisteo St - across from Pueblo Bonito Inn- this is arguably one of the best restaurants in Santa Fe! Offering great lunch choices including a Green Chili Buffalo Burger which is top notch. Cuisine described as “Progressive American”, Restaurant Martin is a restaurant you won’t want to miss while visiting Santa Fe.
3. Rio Chama - one of our most frequented Santa Fe restaurants. This gem offers a fantastic bar atmosphere, diversified menu and is open from 11:00 am – 10:00 pm. One of our favorites is the buffalo burger sliders- 4 more-than-bite-size mini-buffalo burgers featuring a red chili, mushroom and onion salsa to top your slider. Another favorite is the cheese fondue- perfect topping to a plain slider! Located three minute walking distance from Pueblo Bonito Inn, just south of NM State Capitol- we have seen many a movie stars or popular politician dining in this restaurant.
4. Zia Diner- a great alternative for folks seeking comfort food en Santa Fe- thus the burger! Green Chili, bacon, cheese burger… oh my! Make sure you have plenty of napkins. Great place for the whole family as other items like Sheppard’s Pie, Fish & chips, shakes and tantalizing desserts top the menu.
5. Shake Foundation- newly opened by Santa Fe restaurateur Brian Knox (entrepreneur of: Café Escalera, Agua Santa) offers the perfect “go” burgers. No indoor seating and limited outdoor seating, this gourmet “go burger” is one to put on your “to do list” while en Santa Fe. Taking a day trip to Bandelier or Taos? Stop by, pick up a burger and shake and off you go sure to enjoy the many flavors one can choose to add (guacamole, green chili, multiple cheese varieties, sautéed mushrooms/onions and others).
Happy Eating! We hope you’ve enjoyed this post and encourage you to share with us your favs. We are aware there are more and more and more Top Santa Fe Burger Restaurants which we have not been able to list, so please take a moment to share- won’t you?