Creating a Top New Mexico Vacation Travel Experience!
New Mexico Travel
There are so many unique and culturally distinctive travel opportunities to create a top New Mexico vacation traveler experience. Anytime of year- spring, summer, winter or fall – historic southwest travel is an great adventure! So how do you optimize and create the best unique historical New Mexico travel experience? We at Inn at Pueblo Bonito- Santa Fe serve thousands of Santa Fe visitors each year for over 30 years! We are true experts in historic New Mexico travel planning. By providing authentic traditional Old Santa Fe New Mexico accommodations and assisting guests in packaging vacation travel time, we avail valuable insights and tips to assure a rare and unique Santa Fe travel experience! Off beaten path places like: shops, restaurants, parks, birding, hiking, skiing, historic ruins and sites, museums, petroglyphs, hidden treasures, day outings, Northern New Mexico pueblo touring, art studio tours, wine tasting, markets, antiques, historic mining and mill towns and villages, treasurers of the area, etc. are sure to create amazing one-of-a kind New Mexico top travel experiences! Inn at Pueblo Bonito’s unique and distinctive historic adobe Native American pueblo-style accommodations are perfect for an exceptional “home base” to tour Northern New Mexico! Every morning during breakfast hours, our guests can receive expert assistance in their days’ explorations of Santa Fe, Taos, Los Alamos, Pecos, Las Vegas, Native American Pueblos, National Parks, historic sites, museums, restaurants, galleries, and other interests they desire to create a top New Mexico travel memory. A few important suggestions when planning your Santa Fe New Mexico travel vacation:
Choosing A New Mexico Travel Base location:
First of all, deciding where to centralize your travel is highly recommended to maximize your experiences. Santa Fe is our top choice! It’s the most centralized location in Northern New Mexico to make day trips; see historic sites; visit pueblos; tour Santa Fe, Taos, Los Alamos, Ojo Cliente, Ghost Ranch, Pecos, Madrid, Galisteo, Dixon and many other sleepy Northern New Mexico villages. Santa Fe is the top destination city of New Mexico. Actually Santa Fe is #5 in US cities most requested for traveler information! That being said, our vast experience of the area and insights serve our guests well ! (more on top NM Travel destination)
Santa Fe Travel
Santa Fe is the New Mexico state capitol and boasts over 400 yrs of prominent Southwestern history. Santa Fe is THE destination spot of New Mexico! Walking from Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast inn, guests access rich historic documentation of New Mexico- it’s land, people and government- in 3 minutes! Less than a half mile radius from the plaza a guest can easily walk to world class museums: Palace of the Governors; New Mexico History Museum; New Mexico Art Museum; Contemporary Indian Art Museum; and Georgia O’Keeffe museum! The variety and diversity of native cultures that have influenced Santa Fe is well preserved in various and unique ways over the years. Santa Fe’s nickname “The City Different” is very appropriate- an indicator of the distinctive travel experience New Mexico visitors will have! No where else in the US is like Santa Fe, NM! It reflects a “time frozen in history” that’s been intentionally and painstakingly preserved to enjoy and share with modern day people. We mustn’t forget to mention other World Class Museums located on historic Old Santa Fe Trail referred to as “Museum Hill”. These include: International Folk Art Museum; Indian Cultural Museum; Wheelwright Museum and Spanish Colonial Museum all clustered together and nestled beside the Santa Fe Botanical Gardens! (Book Now)
Be Intentional when Travel planning:
Many options exist when choosing New Mexico lodging. Santa Fe Hotels; Santa Fe bed and breakfasts; Santa Fe Inns; Santa Fe Motels; Santa Fe vacation rentals- a huge variety of Santa Fe Accommodation choices! Personal preference is the key here. Our preference is historic! We recommend Historic Santa Fe lodging accommodations. After all you’ve chosen a city founded over 400 years ago! Historic preservation has been outstanding and there is truly no other city like Santa Fe in the US! The unique history, culture, cuisine, blending of Native American/Hispanic/Anglo influences make an exciting southwestern US adventure. So make the most of it!
- Walkable city: experience an old, funky, eclectic, odd, unexplainable combination of history and modernism within our streets, buildings and people that has earned it’s title “City Different”. You don’t want to drive or fight for parking- you want to walk the streets both daytime and nighttime! Walk past world class museums, shops, art, cultural events, cathedrals, 400+ yr old houses, fantastic restaurants, Native American street vendors, bakeries, chocolatiers, and more!
- Accentuate Historic: Staying at newly constructed Santa Fe Accommodations just doesn’t make sense. Our preference is bias we admit… but designing an Authentic New Mexico Travel Experience on new just accentuate the New Mexico culture! Santa Fe alone was settled over 400 years ago- so in our opinion historic is what New Mexico is! This being said, Pueblo Bonito bed & breakfast is our top choice! The epitome of authentic historic adobe pueblo-style New Mexico lodging, Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast dates back to 1860, when this area was part of the Texas Territories! Originally a Texas Circuit judge built a private estate with stables, servants quarters and horno (Native American Bread oven). All three of these original two foot thick adobe buildings have been meticulously preserved. Amazingly over the 156 yrs of it’s history, only three individuals have owned this massive adobe compound. Original builder was the Judge; 2nd Owner converted property to apartments and provided our name! Third (current family ownership) created Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast inn! All the authentic, adobe architectural elements have been retained, thus providing historically
accurate accommodations for Santa Fe travelers desiring a traditional Santa Fe travel experience! Our 18 charming guests rooms boast: original 2 ft. thick exterior adobe walls (1860); private baths with 1930’s viga beamed ceilings and mosaic tiled soaking tubs; in-room real wood burning kiva fireplace (not gas)! These one of a kind elements are not found in modern day, newly renovated luxury Santa Fe hotels or bed and breakfasts! We are the REAL THING- nothing fake about this Pueblo Bonito b&b inn (history Pueblo Bonito).
- Personal preferences: Modern travelers wanting a historic location, but prefer New, Renovated, Full Service, Hotel- type accommodations providing features like: granite countertops bathrooms; wall mounted large flat screen TV’s; 24 hr restaurant and bar services; spa; valet parking; room service; exercise rooms; etc we recommend these fine historic downtown Santa Fe Hotels: The La Fonda, La Posada, Drury Inn, Hotel Santa Fe. Whatever your preference- we do recommend doing some homework tofind the perfect downtown Santa Fe historic lodging accommodation that’s right for you!
- Cuisine: You are traveling- be open to new experiences. Remind yourself you left home0- everything is not the same! The region of the US you’re traveling is full of opportunities specific to local living. One is food! New New Mexico is famous for its’ chile -red or green! Enjoy this local favorite no matter where you travel in New Mexico- you can sample native cuisine like: Tamales, Enchilada, Rejellenos, sopapillas, Chile stew, posole and more!
NOTE: Diverse definitions exist for “Mexican food” (TexMex, Mexico, Arizona….) so understand that New Mexican food is completely distinctive- it stands on its own! Green chile (not jalapenos). Red chile (not salsa). Christmas (red/green chile combo). Smothered. Traditional New Mexico cuisine incorporates all of these 4 nouns which must be tried by visitors to receive the full experience of a historic New Mexico vacation! (see more New Mexico traditional foods)
- Architecture- New Mexico has a rich heritage which is accurately displayed in historic downtown Santa Fe. A “Plaza”- originally intended to be the central community gathering place is generally found throughout Northern New Mexico Pueblos, villages and city’s. Santa Fe is no different, but this plaza dates back to 1600’s (more on Santa Fe History). Adobe- a staple throughout the years in New Mexico architecture. Adobe is and hand formed mud cast bricks, sun dried, then stacked and covered in stucco. Adobe creates the majority of historic landscape in downtown Santa Fe and outlaying village/towns. Santa Fe’s plaza and downtown historic district still boasts original building dating back to 1600’s (see more on adobe).
- Convenience- choose a home base. A location which is easy to access, provides maximum dining, cultural and evening options, and surrounds you with local historic elements. Saving time fighting lines, finding parking, sitting in local traffic, or waiting for a table just isn’t the best use of valuable vacation time! Center yourself in a historic location walking distance to great “basic” options. Experience the culture by walking to dining, entertainment, markets, shops, museums, historic sites, etc. Have more than one travel route option to/from your home base to prevent delays from unplanned event traffic, road construction, backup commuter traffic, etc.. Experienced, long time residents of the area know these tips and they are extremely valuable if needed!
- Flexibility: Traveling isn’t always perfect so when making New Mexico travel plans, decide on sight seeing choices you prefer but be informed of other options around those main choices! Avail options an insights of off beaten path opportunities for our Santa Fe travelers adds a distinctive uniqueness to a New Mexico travel vacation! Staff at Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast inn enjoy a combined 125 yrs of Northern New Mexico residency! Residency in New Mexico seriously increases our creative ability in designing touring tips for Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast guests to enjoy. We’ve assisted annually returning guests to include up to three consecutive months worth of activities! Our regular return guests challenge us to be creative and informed as to Santa Fe travel options. Actually annual return guests will share new information with us at time for which we really enjoy. It’s true, we do have favorites. But new adventures are always welcomed! (see more Northern New Mexico travel secrets) Book Now
Creating a top New Mexico vacation travel experience really isn’t hard if you’re in the right crowd! Experts come a dime a dozen. Research is plentiful. Aligning yourself with local hospitality professionals with a positive proven track record for 31+ years can be invaluable! We prefer a centralized location where you can feel comfortable, safe and welcomed. Lodging that exhibits local history, architecture and culture and meets your preference. Convenience to reduce travel stress. Accurately informed people who care and take pride in sharing their city- it’s distinctions and unique qualities. People with first hand wisdom and knowledge of the area you are taking valuable vacation time to explore and enjoy. Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast inn invites you to explore Santa Fe and Northern New Mexico! We love our guests and sincerely appreciate sharing Santa Fe, New Mexico and it’s treasures with each guest which allows us this privilege. Please let us assist you in your accommodation planning. 1-800-461-4599 Once you’re with us, we can assist in designing your Santa Fe, Taos, and Northern New Mexico touring options! Book Now
Comments are closed.