Santa Fe Community Orchestra Performances
December Santa Fe Travel events offer visitors easy opportunities to create memorable and affordable travel package. Free performances by the Santa Fe Community Orchestra occur throughout the year, but this year we highlight the following two. Each season, Santa Fe Community Orchestra presents five free concerts of classical favorites, rarely heard repertoire, accessible contemporary works and world premieres of compositions by New Mexico composers. On December 2nd at 7:00 pm, the Santa Fe Community Orchestra proudly presents:
Educate Your Ear
Erkki Melartin: Greatness in the Shadow of Sibelius
in James A. Little Theater
on New Mexico School for the Deaf Campus
Enjoy the musical talents of the Santa Fe Community Orchestra as they explore the first movement of Erkki Melartin’s fabulous, rarely performed Symphony No. 5- premier in 1916! Melartin wrote music rich in expression, romantic on the edge of modernism and full of lyrical melodies and rousing climaxes. Oliver’s engaging, informative commentary with musical illustrations by Santa Fe Community Orchestra takes one inside the music and the life and times of this wonderful, undiscovered Finnish composer- followed by a complete performance of the first movement. Free Admission, Donations Appreciated
Educate Your Ear – it will change the way you hear!
Next, on our Santa Fe December Travel Event Calander the Santa Fe Community Orchestra Winter Concert on 4th at 2:30 pm:
Melartin: Symphony No. 5 (Sinfonia brevis), Op. 90
Márquez: Danzón No. 2
Rodrigo: Concierto de Aranjuez
Roberto Capocchi, guitar
in James A. Little Theater
on New Mexico School for the Deaf Campus
Free Admission, Donations Appreciated
Ski Santa Fe opens Saturday, December 3rd
|Snow falls have been delayed this season, but the enjoyment of incredibly beautiful fall days have been great- no complaints here! December is upon now and it’s time to wax your skiis because Ski Santa Fe opens officially December 2nd! Though all slopes will not be open many are: Midland, Easy Street, Pine Flats and the Chipmunk Corner Children’s Center have 20” of natural and manmade snow as of this writing. The Super Chief Quad Chairlift, Easy Street Beginner Chairlift, Pine Flats Conveyor Lift, and Chipmunk Corner Conveyor lift will also be open. Other facilities including La Casa Lodge, La Casa Café, Ski Santa Fe Sports Shop, Ski & Snowboard Rental Shop, BAZ Coffee Bar and Totemoff’s Bar and Grill will be ready to accommodate skiiers and provide a great outdoor snow experience. Join the folks at the Snow Sports School and Chipmunk Corner Children’s Center for a ski or snowboard lesson and get everyone’s season started right! We look forward to seeing everyone on the mountain. Just a 16 mile drive from Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast inn in downtown historic Santa Fe New Mexico- give us a call 1-800-4621-4599 for the BEST WINTER LODGING PACKAGE IN DOWNTOWN SANTA FE!
Hours of Operation: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM every day of the week, for more information log on to www.skisantafe.com
|Adult All Day||$62|
|Adult w/ Peak Plus Card||$37|
|Student All Day||$53|
|Student w/Peak Plus Card||$28|
|Child All Day||$48|
|Child w/Peak Plus Card||$23|
|Senior All Day||$50|
|Senior w/Peak Plus Card||$25|
|Military All Day||$59|
|AM or PM ½ Day||$50|
|2 Day Adult||$124|
*Prices are subject to change at any time as additional terrain opens.
Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast inn specializes in Santa Fe Travel for guests wanting an authentic historic New Mexico Lodging experience. Our property, located in prime downtown Santa Fe, embodies the architecture, culture and cuisine Santa Fe is famous for! Create a one of a kind historic Northern New Mexico adventure vacation to Santa Fe by headquartering your lodging at Pueblo Bonito b&b inn. Voted “Guest Favorite” from over 2800 properties with in the US and Canada! There is no end to what we can do to make your Santa Fe visit an authentic historic New Mexico Travel adventure. Call us 1-800-461-4599 for reservations and best rates book direct!
Santa Fe, NM- it’s difficult to choose just one “THE BEST RESTAURANT” in this city different, as there are literally 300+ excellent Santa Fe restaurants serving up some king of tantalizing flavor! As burgers are always a popular “culinary” item which most folks relate to, this post offers our top five Top Burger Picks in Santa Fe, NM- all walking distance from Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast inn.
1. Santa Fe Bite– the old Bobcat Bite has moved into downtown Santa Fe- lucky for us…. we can now walk there! Renamed “Santa Fe Bite” and located close by on the historic Old Santa Fe Trail, this extremely popular burger stop has only become more popular! Offering it’s famous green chili cheese burger as well as other options, they now have a bar and dining area indoor and out.
2. Restaurant Martin– located on Galisteo St – across from Pueblo Bonito Inn- this is arguably one of the best restaurants in Santa Fe! Offering great lunch choices including a Green Chili Buffalo Burger which is top notch. Cuisine described as “Progressive American”, Restaurant Martin is a restaurant you won’t want to miss while visiting Santa Fe.
3. Rio Chama – one of our most frequented Santa Fe restaurants. This gem offers a fantastic bar atmosphere, diversified menu and is open from 11:00 am – 10:00 pm. One of our favorites is the buffalo burger sliders- 4 more-than-bite-size mini-buffalo burgers featuring a red chili, mushroom and onion salsa to top your slider. Another favorite is the cheese fondue- perfect topping to a plain slider! Located three minute walking distance from Pueblo Bonito Inn, just south of NM State Capitol- we have seen many a movie stars or popular politician dining in this restaurant.
4. Zia Diner– a great alternative for folks seeking comfort food en Santa Fe- thus the burger! Green Chili, bacon, cheese burger… oh my! Make sure you have plenty of napkins. Great place for the whole family as other items like Sheppard’s Pie, Fish & chips, shakes and tantalizing desserts top the menu.
5. Shake Foundation– newly opened by Santa Fe restaurateur Brian Knox (entrepreneur of: Café Escalera, Agua Santa) offers the perfect “go” burgers. No indoor seating and limited outdoor seating, this gourmet “go burger” is one to put on your “to do list” while en Santa Fe. Taking a day trip to Bandelier or Taos? Stop by, pick up a burger and shake and off you go sure to enjoy the many flavors one can choose to add (guacamole, green chili, multiple cheese varieties, sautéed mushrooms/onions and others).
Happy Eating! We hope you’ve enjoyed this post and encourage you to share with us your favs. We are aware there are more and more and more Top Santa Fe Burger Restaurants which we have not been able to list, so please take a moment to share- won’t you?