Santa Fe, NM- it’s difficult to choose just one “THE BEST RESTAURANT” in this city different, as there are literally 300+ excellent Santa Fe restaurants serving up some king of tantalizing flavor! As burgers are always a popular “culinary” item which most folks relate to, this post offers our top five Top Burger Picks in Santa Fe, NM- all walking distance from Pueblo Bonito bed and breakfast inn.
1. Santa Fe Bite- the old Bobcat Bite has moved into downtown Santa Fe- lucky for us…. we can now walk there! Renamed “Santa Fe Bite” and located close by on the historic Old Santa Fe Trail, this extremely popular burger stop has only become more popular! Offering it’s famous green chili cheese burger as well as other options, they now have a bar and dining area indoor and out.
2. Restaurant Martin- located on Galisteo St - across from Pueblo Bonito Inn- this is arguably one of the best restaurants in Santa Fe! Offering great lunch choices including a Green Chili Buffalo Burger which is top notch. Cuisine described as “Progressive American”, Restaurant Martin is a restaurant you won’t want to miss while visiting Santa Fe.
3. Rio Chama - one of our most frequented Santa Fe restaurants. This gem offers a fantastic bar atmosphere, diversified menu and is open from 11:00 am – 10:00 pm. One of our favorites is the buffalo burger sliders- 4 more-than-bite-size mini-buffalo burgers featuring a red chili, mushroom and onion salsa to top your slider. Another favorite is the cheese fondue- perfect topping to a plain slider! Located three minute walking distance from Pueblo Bonito Inn, just south of NM State Capitol- we have seen many a movie stars or popular politician dining in this restaurant.
4. Zia Diner- a great alternative for folks seeking comfort food en Santa Fe- thus the burger! Green Chili, bacon, cheese burger… oh my! Make sure you have plenty of napkins. Great place for the whole family as other items like Sheppard’s Pie, Fish & chips, shakes and tantalizing desserts top the menu.
5. Shake Foundation- newly opened by Santa Fe restaurateur Brian Knox (entrepreneur of: Café Escalera, Agua Santa) offers the perfect “go” burgers. No indoor seating and limited outdoor seating, this gourmet “go burger” is one to put on your “to do list” while en Santa Fe. Taking a day trip to Bandelier or Taos? Stop by, pick up a burger and shake and off you go sure to enjoy the many flavors one can choose to add (guacamole, green chili, multiple cheese varieties, sautéed mushrooms/onions and others).
Happy Eating! We hope you’ve enjoyed this post and encourage you to share with us your favs. We are aware there are more and more and more Top Santa Fe Burger Restaurants which we have not been able to list, so please take a moment to share- won’t you?