Santa Fe Travel Information Vacation Resources
Visitors travel to Santa Fe on vacation for a number of reasons. There’s the shopping, the dining, the arts and intriguing history. But New Mexico travelers will agree, the unique Southwestern flavor that permeates Santa Fe makes it a one of a kind experience. The vast and varied menu of Santa Fe attractions offer the New Mexico traveler hours of stimulation to all the five senses!
- Santa Fe Visitor’s Bureau website – Information on Santa Fe vacation activities.
- Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce – Santa Fe vacation information for tourists offering a free visitors guide to your complete Santa Fe vacation.
- Santa Fe Opera website – Performance schedule and information on Santa Fe Opera – perfect for a July or August Santa Fe, New Mexico vacation.
- City of Santa Fe website – Information on City of Santa Fe, NM.
- Santa Fe New Mexican – #1 local newspaper providing up to date sources for Santa Fe weather, events and current activities.
- Ski Santa Fe – Provides information on Santa Fe Ski Basin- a hidden local treasure!
- Santa Fe Photography & Digital Imaging Workshops – Information on Santa Fe’s most popular photography workshops.
- Site Santa Fe – Well known contemporary arts organization highlighting events and exhibits at it’s Santa Fe downtown location.
- Santa Fe School of Cooking – A favorite “extra” for Santa Fe vacation visitors. Featuring classes on Southwestern cooking year round.
- Old Santa Fe Trail – Information on the historical Old Santa Fe Trail.
- Santa Fe Southern Railway – Information on short excursion trips between Santa Fe and historic Lamy station; afternoon, evening, group & Santa Fe Holiday vacation trips.
- Santa Fe Film Festival – Schedule and Information on Santa Fe film festival.
- Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival – A summertime Santa Fe vacation “must do” – featuring world-class music.
- New Mexico Department of Tourism – Information for visitors about the entire state
- Bike Trail, Bikeway and Bike Parking information from the city of Santa Fe government – Santa Fe is becoming recognized as a premier biking destination; the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA) had their World Summit here in October 2012 and took advantage of all the great off-and-on road cycling opportunities available in Santa Fe.
- List of Events and Attractions in Santa Fe from SantaFeSelection.net
Santa Fe Attractions
These are walkable from our downtown Santa Fe Bed and Breakfast:
- Georgia O’Keeffe Museum
- Museum of Indian Art & Culture
- Santa Fe Fine Arts Museum
- Museum of International Folk Art – located on Museum Hill
- Santa Fe Plaza – Center of downtown Santa Fe Historic District
- Palace of the Governors 400 years of Santa Fe NM history.
- Canyon Road (Galleries, Dining, and Shopping)- Christmas Eve Walk
- Site Santa Fe – Contemporary Art Gallery Santa Fe
- New Mexico State Capitol Building- Governors Gallery
- San Miguel Mission– Oldest Church in the US
- Loretto Chapel– home to the Miracle Staircase
- St Francis Basilica- St Francis Cathedral – just off historic Santa Fe plaza.
- Lensic Performing Arts – hosting cultural performances year round.
- Santa Fe Convention Center– downtown host to conventions, weddings, performances, group meetings, Santa Fe Markets, etc.
- Santa Fe Farmers Market Pavillion– delightful market featuring local fresh goods, bakery items, crafts, meats, and more!
- Oldest House in Santa Fe– aka the Roque Tudesqui House
- Museum of Contemporary Native Arts – across from St Francis Cathedral off historic Santa Fe plaza.
- New Mexico State Capitol Art Tour- Governor’s Gallery – steps away from Inn at Pueblo Bonito- #1 Gallery tour in the USA!
- Santa Fe Botanical Garden – located on Museum Hill
- Santa Fe Museum Hill – Host to The Museum of Indian Arts & Culture, the Wheelwright Museum of the American Indian, the Museum of Spanish Colonial Art, and the Museum of International Folk.
- Santa Fe Farmers Market– Saturday mornings year round.
- Cross of the Martyrs Santa Fe
Preferred Day Tour Provider
Santa Fe Walkabouts offers personalized guided hikes, scenic tours, mountain biking trips and 4WD adventures for individuals, families and small groups. Winter specials include cross country skiing and snow shoeing in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
Self-Guided Day Trips
Morning departures from our Santa Fe bed and breakfast- returning in time for a famous Pueblo Punch and teatime in the late afternoon!
- Bandelier National Monument – National Park north of Santa Fe- featuring ancient Indian cliff dwellings.
- Bradbury Science Museum – located in Los Alamos, NM – featuring interactive scientific displays and historical information on the Atomic Bomb and Los Alamos National Labs
- Taos Ski Valley – experience natural beauty all year round on your Santa Fe vacation.
- Valles Caldera (National Park)-include in your Santa Fe vacation with hiking and natural beauty in the wonders of the New Mexico outdoors.
- Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument – Amazing and beautiful natural formations about 45 minutes South on I25
- Pecos National Historic Park – surrounded by piñon and juniper trees in the beautiful Sangre de Cristo Mountains (20 min drive from Pueblo Bonito inn) are the remains of an Indian pueblo that once prevailed in this location years ago.
- Turquoise Trail– scenic byway linking Albuquerque and Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Puye Cliff Dwellings – National Historic Landmark and home to the ancestors of today’s Santa Clara Pueblo people.
Seasonal Santa Fe Attractions
- Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta – Early October each year!
- Taos Fall Festival
- Pueblo Indian Feast Days (Native American Ceremonial Dances)
- Santa Fe Symphony – November thru June.
- Santa Fe Thanksgiving holiday
- Ski Santa Fe – Thanksgiving thru Easter weekend generally.
- Festival of the Cranes
- Arts and Crafts Festivals
- Christmas in Santa Fe – Luminarias on Canyon Road Christmas Eve. No hassle parking and walk the festive streets of Santa Fe!
- Santa Fe Film Festival – first weekend in December.
- Santa Fe Winter Spanish Market – held in Albuquerque, but stay in Santa Fe- enjoy both!
- New Year’s Eve Santa Fe– on the historic Santa Fe Plaza.
- Santa Fe Art Auction
- Aspen Santa Fe Ballet – Performances December thru April- easy walk to Lensic Performing Art Center from Inn at Pueblo Bonito!
- Christmas open house in Madrid NM
- Santa Fe Spanish Market – Summer Spanish Market in July.
Pueblo Bonito Bed and Breakfast Inn, 138 W. Manhattan, Santa Fe, New Mexico. Located in Santa Fe’s historic downtown district.